Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Misadventures in cookings!

It has been a while since my last post. Sorry, life has been a little hectic lately. A lot has been going on.

There was the start of school. Work always take a big chunk out of my life. There was also the trip to Vegas. Parties, meetings, get-togethers, and so on, and so forth. Another confession: I hadn't been doing a lot of inspiring cooking lately. Most days, it was just throwing a bunch of stuff together and hoped it turned into something edible.

There were a couple of days I went out of my way to actually make something that is not stir-fry and rice.

On my dad's birthday, I made a no-bake cake. It consisted of ricotta cheese, semi-sweet baking chocalate, chocolate wafers, and lots of sugar. I think I'm missing a couple other ingredients, but it was a month or so ago. It turned out okay. I did not like working in a kitchen where I don't have all I need. The ricotta cheese was not blended enough, and the chocolate didn't work well with the cheese. There wasn't enough sugar in the cake. So, I made a strawberry-jelly thing to add a little more sweetness to the dish. Over all though, everyone says they like it. So, I guess, that's all that really counts.



To kill my ego, here's a picture of a decent cake. It's called a Miroir from a great bakery/cafe called Cafe Blanc. They have the greatest little cakes and such. They also have great gelato. Every order of cakes comes with a small pairing of gelato. This is a large version of the individual version they sell.

3 comments:

I am all that I am said...

great cakes

I am all that I am said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Ramzan Ali said...

best desires for placing up an outstanding job.
cookings