I was at work chugging along on the website I've been working on for about two months now. As I check the stats of the old website, I happened along the stats of this blog. To my surprise, it's still getting hits. Every time I posted a post (the few that I posted last year), there would be a spike in hits. It warmed my heart. There were a few comments I neglected to answer. To whom this is concerned, I am sorry. Last year was quite a wild ride. Things are calming down and turning into a rhythm. I will try to post more regularly and to answer comments and questions that happens along the way.
It's been quite since I've posted a recipe. Now that I started cooking regularly again. I thought I should share a recipe with the world. It's my dinner tonight. (The stuffed pork is slowly cooking in the oven. Yum!) To those that frequent my blog knows that I do not measure. So, all the measurements here are guess-timates. I cook like a homecook. I just throw ingredients together and hopes it comes out delicious. Whatever combination works well, I post them here.
Spinach Fettucini with Sautee Spinach and Mushroom
Spinach Fettucini - I used half a 12 oz bag
1 12oz bag of spinach
1 tray of mushrooms
1/2 - 1 cup of Vegetable stock
half onions - chopped
3 cloves of garlic - chopped and diced
1. heat up some olive oil
2. brown the garlic
3. turn down the heat to about medium and throw in the chopped onions.
4. wait for about 30sec to 1 min throw in the mushrooms.
5. sprinkle a little sugar and carmelized the mushrooms and the onions. (there's a little bit of timing right here) As the onions and the mushroom cooks boil the water. and cook the pasta
6. when the mushrooms and onions are nicely caramelized and browned throw in the spinach. When the spinach is about half way wilted, pour in the
7. when the spinach in nice and wilted, the pasta should be done, throw in the pasta. sprinkle with the cheese.
I also added a some finely chopped apples. I thought it would compliment the pork very well. Now, you're probably asking about the pork. Well, I bought pre-stuffed and pre-marinaded pork yesterday. All I did was popped it in the oven.
I can't wait for my husband to get home and chow down on this delicious dinner. Thanks for all the support.
As always, happy cooking!!!