Monday, December 15, 2008

Confession of a Food-a-holic Fat Girl

Well, I'm not really fat...I'm not. I just really like food. I know that doesn't sound too convincing, but I really only like food, good food. I like food from all over the world France, Italy, Chinese, Mexican, India, etc. All of it. I don't just eat. I like to make food, too.

It wasn't until recently that I discovered that I really like to cook. I am Vietnamese, and I was raised in a very traditional Vietnamese manner. That meant that being a good housewife was part of my upbringing, and a good housewife had to, of course, know how to cook. Being forced to learn how to cook wasn't fun, but it did teach me the basic of cooking.

Now that I don't have to cook, I spend all my time researching and looking for new things to cook. When I'm not cooking or don't feel like cooking, I try to eat new food. I'm always on the look out for restaurants or cafes that no one knows about or in some hole in the wall.

One day a thought hit me, since I spend all my time looking for new and amusing places to eat, I might as well share it with the world. Maybe some unexpected stranger will happen by my little corner of the internet and find himself a cheap but delicious place to eat.

Then, my job here will be complete.

Happy Eating!

No comments: