Friday, June 5, 2009

My Days Off!

So, I took a break from working, cleaning, and cooking. Basically, everything. The atmosphere around here had been quite tense. To clear the air, I packed my bags moved out of my apartment in Denver and took refuge within my friend and favorite chef's house, Bryan, in Colorado Spring. Well, it's more like his mom's house.

I loved my stay there. Mainly because Bryan and his mom, mostly his mom, had been so hospital. Their pets took to me quite kindly, too. The hyperactive 80lb puppy, Piper, kept charging at and licking me. The bundle of fur that is Phoebe would always plopped in front of me making fur goes everywhere and demanded attention. Mia, well, she just walked around mewing cutely while terrozing all the other pets.

I wandered around a little bit. Found some pretty interesting trail to walk around and got very lost in the process. It was fun though. The scenery was amazing. I loved it. The lake was cool. There are a lot of people fishing. I asked if there were fish in there. The lake seemed pretty shallow from the shore.

On the night before my birthday, Bryan took me to Downtown Colorado Spring at a place called Phantom. He introduced me to a few of his friends. We played pool and drank a lot beer. It was fun.

All in all, it was a great little getaway. I loved it. Whatever happened there and the people I met, they would all be carved in the sweetest place in my heart. Thanks Bryan! Thanks Donna! For a great time.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Just stopping in from foodie blog roll. Great site :)